Monday, July 7, 2008

Day One: Port Angeles - Long Beach, WA

Ruby Beach
Ruby Beach,
originally uploaded by Tedward.
That was a loooooong day but I cannot have imagined taking the later ferry. We pulled into the motel @ Long Beach about 3:00pm which was just enough time to get settled in and explore the beach for a bit before dinner.

What a windy place! I dropped a paper receipt when I got out the video camera and felt obliged to chase it. It must have looked pretty funny as I chased the paper and would dive after it only to have it blow just out of reach. Good thing I was hodling the video camera or there would be evidence!

Dinner was great! We went to a place called the Loose Kaboose which was an old railway caboose fitted out with a kitchen. Inside was a train-lovers wonderland including a large-scale model train running around on a shelf just below the ceiling. Perhaps the only restaurant ever where Colin did not make a fuss. So that's the secret!

No comments: