Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Ten: Legoland

Ancient Builders
Ancient Builders,
originally uploaded by Tedward.
What a day! Lots of fun, decent food, reasonable lines and more fun places for Colin to play than Disneyland. Overall I would rate Legoland a better family park and worth a second day. Actually since it will soon no longer be simply Legoland California two days may be just perfect but I could even see three for a family with young kids.

It is now Legoland California Resort and has taken a page from Disney and and added a second "park". We were too early as Sea Life Aquarium will not be opening until August 11 but the ticket booths already advertise "Park Hopper Tickets".

I have to say I was disappointed in the Miniland section. I thought it would be much bigger. And I was choked when I was told late in the day by a sales clerk that the ENTIRE PARK was sold out of Indiana Jones Sets. The ONE set I was counting on getting was not anywhere to be found!!! Ah well, I spent $100+ on Pick-a-brick and got a copy of the Green Grocer (10185). Thankfully this should be our last big shopping day as the van is filling up (and so is our VISA card).

No comments: